Goxip Data Reveals Lemons Are The Power Fruit For Summer
Regardless of Covid 19, life just got a whole lot zestier and whilst life may not have thrown us lemons this year, fashion certainly has.
Despite cherries having a moment in spring, Goxip’s customer searches, sales and active page views across it’s 36,000 brands and 5 million product database over the last 4 weeks reveals the citrus lemon is now leading the fruit powered fashion searches for summer.
- Lemon is the most fashionable fruit right now with 22% more searches than its closest fruit rival- cherry, followed by pineapple and strawberry.
- Compared to last year, searches for lemon print have increased 41%, with the zesty print growing in searches 17% week on week.
- Direct search enquiries containing the word ‘lemon’ are most popularly used alongside ‘dresses’, followed closely by ‘tops’ (in particularly cropped), pajamas and swimwear.
REFORMATION ‘Veronika Dress’
- The most popular lemon inspired pieces over the last couple of weeks are by high end brands Reformation, Diane Von Furstenburg, Saloni and more affordable brands Missguided and Shein.
- Customers are spending as little as $15 and as much as $745 for a lemon themed item, proving that the fruit is popular no matter the budget.
- Although it’s a unisex trend, 78% of the lemon driven searches have been shaped across the women’s category.
- It’s not just the clothes that have proven popular across the trend, with a 32% rise in demand for lemon themed accessories, with bags, earrings and phone covers the most viewed.
- The colour of the fruit is even inspiring nail polish colour choices. Yellow is the most wanted colour of nail polish over the past 2 weeks, but it’s all about a particular shade. Searches for ‘pastel’, ‘baby’ and ‘pale’ alongside yellow nail varnish and polish are up 11% week on week.